Structural Insulated Panels
With the demand for greater energy efficiency in construction comes great innovation, D.J. Stewart Construction recommends construction using Structural Insulated Panels in Phoenix, Arizona.
Structural Insulated Panels or SIPs are composed of two sheets of oriented strand board structurally laminated and pressure-cured to a rigid core of foam insulation. These panels can be used for structural walls and roofing and provide a great alternative to standard wall construction. Advantages include:
- Up to 60% savings on energy bills
- Using OSB is a great way to conserve because it uses much more of the tree than traditional lumber pruduction
- Up to two thirds less job site waste during construction
- Exceptional indoor air quality and temperature
- Tax credits and valuable points toward environmental certification.
- Straighter walls
- When decorating interior, heavy wall hanging objects can be hung anywhere on the wall. You don’t have to search for a stud!
- Many more
Does SIPs Construction Cost Less?
Yes! Here are some of the ways that you can save in cost and in time by using Insulated Panels:
- Pre-insulated! No need to purchase additional insulation
- Pre-fabricated & precut when delivered to the jobsite: save 20-30% on framing labor
- Electrical is installed 20-30% faster
- Jobsite waste reduced from pre-cut panels — saves approximately 30% on waste costs
- Tighter house means smaller HVAC systems — up to 40% savings
- Predictable STRAIGHT engineered product is plumb & square every time = faster install for finish work. Doors/windows/millwork: no bowed lumber = straight walls for faster doors/window/millwork install. Floors: level floors and walls = no need to shim!
- House is dried in faster, subs can start sooner — fewer wasted “crew” days
- Little to zero duct work required
- No roof venting required in low slope roofing
- Better indoor air quality, smaller or no air purification systems required in many climates
- Buildings & Houses are FINISHED faster! Less interest paid!!
- Qualify for $2000 federal tax incentive to the builder and an additional $1500 to the homeowner
- Warranty!! Does your lumber manufacturer offer any warranty? No. SIPs do.
Much of the content on this page is borrowed with permission from our supplier, Premier SIPs.